Friday, February 19, 2016

Brakin' Boss

I wish!! No breaks in site on this job!!

The Ford rear axle arrived with missing and damaged components. I needed all new everything except the backing plates. I have never understood why junkyard dogs cannot remove components instead of cutting them off.

As I was looking at the empty 8.8 Ford backing plates, I realized that emergency brake cables are first. Trotting back and looking at the old Stude 44.............
wouldn't it be nice if the brake cable from the 44 could be used with all of the rest of the Stude hardware in the 8.8 and on the Coupe.

NO PROBLEMO !!!!! If you shorten the inner cable coil to 4 1/2" , ream the backing plate holes a wee bit, and then shorten the intermediate cable coil spring 2", it works. I mean it works as it did in 1953!!!

I won one, I won one!!! I'm going to take myself out to lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Dad!! And the freeway story from the other post was sort of alarming. No wonder you didn't trust your daughters?!! LOL
    Vic

    ReplyDelete